February 18, 2017

Ink Blended Cards

I'm in my second month of the Neat and Tangled design team and can I say, I'm loving the card making process. I think it's the coloring and working with color that gets me. Working on a tiny canvas (compared to scrapbook pages) is so nice. It feels so do-able and I can still pack a lot into that small space.

Today I'm over on the Neat and Tangled blog with this card using the Cottontail Cuties stamp and die set. I wanted to create a card that was light and airy with some color. Something that would give me a feeling of the Spring season that I'm so very looking forward to!

@nancydamiano for Neat and Tangled Copic Cards


To create the soft background, I used the Scalloped Simply Stencil and Distress Ink in Word Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade. The trick to ink blending is to use a foam applicator and a very, very light hand. I mean barely touching the paper. You can always add more color, but if you apply too much you'll get blotches and that's no fun. So patience and practice (lots) is the key!

@nancydamiano for Neat and Tangled Copic Cards

Since the background is so soft and airy, I went with bold for the top layer. Using Copic markers to color in the images gives me that punch of intense color that I needed. A sprinkle of sequins and a stacked title finish up the card.

Cottontail Cuties + ink blending make for some beautiful cards. Now let's keep our fingers crossed for that the Spring season arrives sooner rather than later!



2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! this is beautiful. Love the way you used the cover plate as a stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and sweet! I love the pinks and the peaches!

    ReplyDelete