November 4, 2010

Breakfast & Bikes

Did you ever have a seemingly insignificant moment in the past that you remember vividly? Almost like your mind took a snapshot of it.

That's what I get when I look at these pictures from our vacation to Sanibel last year. It was an ordinary morning and we took a bike ride from the inn to this great little place for breakfast. I remember being happy...just pure happiness, for no particular reason than everything was going right in my world . I had to put it all down on paper and I came up with this...


I love you Restoration by Crate Paper, I really do. I wasn't going to buy it because I have so many lines of paper already and it's a little on the frou-frou side. But the colors, oh those bold colors finally got me. I kept picking it up on a recent shopping trip and when I saw the bicycle, I immediately thought 'Sanibel'. I had to have it and I'm glad that it came home with me.


This is a really simple layout, just some layers of paper and chipboard. The chipboard filmstrip I picked up in a store in Massachusetts recently. They were in a bin and I picked up a bunch but unfortunately I don't know who makes them.

I was very inspired by this layout made by Michelle Lanning - one of my very favorite scrappers ever. No one does layering like this girl. You can see where I got the idea to double up the stamp-edged paper from!

So there you have it - one vacation moment and a little Crate Paper. Hope you like it! Up next...Halloween & Pink Paislee....

4 comments:

  1. Oh this one is just PERFECT!!! I love the idea of the memory.....I have several pics just like this...that as soon as I see them they evoke Happiness!!!

    Love the layers and the colors are perfect!!

    Wishing you a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout again, your designs are always so impeccable!!!! No one else can pec 'em as well as you do!!! LOL. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love that you had space for the journaling! I love this paper line very much too!

    ReplyDelete