July 7, 2010

Work in Progress Kit

My final three projects all made with the July Work in Progress kit. For more information and my interview, please visit http://www.wipkits.blogspot.com/. I'm the guest designer for the month of July. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see my post!
I loved these sandcastle punches that were included in the kit. They are actually two separate pieces with small pop dots in the center. The brown ribbon was also included in the kit and I stitched it onto my layout with embroidery floss. The background paper is a specialty paper that I picked up at Michael's not long ago. I thought it was perfect for a "sand" layout.
This layout is a combination of Echo Park (gingham & flowers) and My Little Shoebox (circle). I love these bright colors and thought they were perfect for a girly page. This is soooo out of my comfort zone since I never use pink. This was challenging!
This is a mix of Jenni Bowlin (all of the pattern paper) and The Girl's Paperie (flags). I loved the bold colors in this palette. The numbers on this page reminded me of the boardwalk games that we play every summer. I've had these pictures in my pile for 2 years now and I finally found the perfect paper for them.
I've had a whirlwind of a weekend and I'm just catching up. I'll post photos and layouts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment