June 8, 2010

Summer Routines

One of the things that I have enjoyed most about being a SAHM for the past couple of years is - SUMMER! One day when I go back to work full-time, I know that I'm going to miss these long lazy days of summer.

We spend most of our time outdoors with friends enjoying the beach, pool and waterpark. Every single day is planned out - Monday (stay home/chores), Tuesday (waterpark with the Coffmans), Wednesday (Mama works/Nico goes to camp), Thursday (pool dates with the Medina's), Friday (cousins' playdate). I know that this time in Nico's childhood won't last forever, so I want to savor every last bit. Although I have to admit, by the time September rolls around we're exhausted and ready for the indoors!

I wanted to emphasize our weekly routine and this patterned paper with the days of the week was perfect. The cute thermometer was the best 50 cents I ever spent on a die cut. I love the rainbow colors and shape. I think one of the things that makes this layout "work" is the repetition of the rainbow color pattern. It's in the strip at the top, the thermometer in the center, and in the Itinerary card on the lower left hand side .

I think that this is my favorite recent layout! (Supply list: Pattern paper, cardstock, die cut: We'R Memory Keepers, Brown title: Bella Blvd, Aqua Title: Thickers, Aqua tiny letters: My Little Shoebox. Ribbon: Bo Bunny. Transparency arrow: Little Yellow Bicycle. Itinerary card: October Afternoon. Flag: Making Memories. Orange studs: Me & My Big Ideas.)

Thanks so much for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see the full layout since the sneak peak. It is so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, you got it's fixed. Maybe it was just me.
    Anyway, love this layout.

    ReplyDelete