May 23, 2010

Fatherhood Looks Good

This is my entry for this month's PageMaps blog contest. I love the PageMaps sketches and I've wanted to participate for months. But either I missed the deadline or I couldn't get the sketch to work for me. You can see the original here http://www.pagemaps.com/blog.php. I've changed this around a little bit and of course, I had to fill all of the empty white space. I wish I could leave it be, but it's just not my style and I have a hard time making it work.
The page is about my husband and how until he became a father, I had never been able to capture the true him on film. He waited a very long time for Nico and the gratitude and happiness shows in every picture I take of these two together. It makes my heart happy.
The journaling reads: I’ve just realized that although I have a mountain of photographs of you that I’ve shot over the past decade, not once did I ever capture the true “you”. You were always so guarded and stiff in pictures – it drove me nuts! Since Nicolas was born though, I can see “you” in the pictures. The shy smile, the kindness in your eyes, an aura of calm and happiness. You can see just how happy you are to have a son and fulfill that role of Papa. You waited a decade for him and your gratitude shines. Fatherhood truly looks good on you. xoxo

All of the paper, chipboard frame, title, heart and brown letter stickers are from Basic Grey (Max&Whiskers and Basics). The felt star is from Making Memories and the metal studs are Zva.

Thanks so much for taking a peek! Hope you like the new blog makeover. Many thanks to Kristina at http://blogdesignsbytwohappymama.blogspot.com/ for making my blog happy and colorful. She was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend her.

No comments:

Post a Comment